Saying Good-bye to Cambridge Again
《再别康桥》
Very quietly I take my leave,
轻轻的我走了,
As quietly as I came here;
正如我轻轻的来;
Quietly I wave good-bye,
我轻轻的招手,
To the rosy clouds in the western sky.
作别西天的云彩。
The golden willows by the riverside,
那河畔的金柳,
Are young brides in the setting sun;
是夕阳中的新娘;
Their reflections on the shimmering waves,
波光里的艳影,
Always linger in the depth of my heart.
在我的心头荡漾。
The floating heart growing in the sludge,
软泥上的青荇,
Sways leisurely under the water;
油油的在水底招摇;
In the gentle waves of Cambridge,
在康桥的柔波里,
I would be a water plant!
我甘心做一条水草!
That pool under the shade of elm trees,
那榆荫下的一潭,
Holds not water but the rainbow from the sky;
不是清泉,是天上虹;
Shattered to pieces among the duckweeds,
揉碎在浮藻间,
Is the sediment of a rainbow-like dream.
沉淀着彩虹似的梦。
To seek a dream? Just to pole a boat upstream,
寻梦?撑一支长篙,
To where the green grass is more verdant;
向青草更青处漫溯;
Or to have the boat fully loaded with starlight,
满载一船星辉,
And sing aloud in the splendour of starlight.
在星辉斑斓里放歌。
But I cannot sing aloud,
但我不能放歌,
Quietness is my farewell music;
悄悄是别离的笙箫;
Even summer insectsheep silence for me,
夏虫也为我沉默,
Silentis Cambridge tonight!
沉默是今晚的康桥!
Very quietly I left,
悄悄的我走了,
As quietly as I came here;
正如我悄悄的来;
Gently I flick my sleeves,
我挥一挥衣袖,
Not even a wisp of cloud will I bring away.
不带走一片云彩。
《再别康桥》的创作背景:
此诗写于1928年11月6日,初载1928年12月10日《新月》月刊第1卷第10号,署名徐志摩。康桥,即英国著名的剑桥大学所在地。
1920年10月—1922年8月,诗人曾游学于此。康桥时期是徐志摩一生的转折点。诗人在《猛虎集·序文》中曾经自陈道:在24岁以前,他对于诗的兴味远不如对于相对论或民约论的兴味。
正是康河的水,开启了诗人的心灵,唤醒了久蛰在他心中的诗人的天命。因此他后来曾满怀深情地说:“我的眼是康桥教我睁的,我的求知欲是康桥给我拨动的,我的自我意识是康桥给我胚胎的。”